Always Have A Dream



Always have a dream
Forget about the days when its been cloudy,
but don't forget your hours in the sun.
Forget about the times you've been defeated,
but don't forget the victories you've won.
Forget about mistakes that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons that you've learnt.
Forget about misfortunes you encounter,
but don't forget the times you luck has turned.
Forget about the days when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly smiles you've seen.
Forget about the plans that didn't seem to work out right,
but don't forget to always have a dream.

- Amanda Bradley












Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Little Boy is growing into a 'Big Boy' TOO FAST! But we are very, very, very proud of him ;0)

Last night I got a call from work to come in for a couple hours to cover for Hazmat training, but the officer who was supposed do the training, called this morning saying he was not going to be there, cuz' there wouldn't be enough people to show up to train. Surprised a lot of people, and myself because I had the idea that I would only be there for a couple hours, well come to find out they called someone else to work the rest of the sift and she said she couldn't get there til 10am. Confused?? Yeah, well I was to! I could have made different arrangements and been able to work the whole shift if they wanted(who knows). I knew we might get a call, but nothing seems to hit the fan when I work, at least the last 3 shifts!!  The only problem is that I had Cody with me. My Dad is up-north, Mikes Mom & Dad both working. He likes being in the living quarters, which has a big 52'' flat screen-TV, so he watched that, read some of his books, and played w/his cars. It figured since the last 3 shifts we worked I didn't pull a wheel only once, and having Cody long enough for me to do rigg checks, and the other station duties that he would be fine upstairs watching TV in the living quarters for a little while. Well we end up getting a call for a standby for suicidal pt until PD got there, then another one right after we got to the hospital, then another just after that, we had to call Mutual-aid for that one.
I just wanted to let everyone know how big my little boy is getting!!  /:0(  He stayed right where I told him to!!  The only reason I agreed to do this is that I thought there would be people at the station for training.   But I explained to Cody that if he does hear the tones and I have to leave, he knows to stay in the building because he wouldn't be able to get back in. And besides I knew he would be safe in there, cuz we lock everything up before we go. When we did get back he was fine, upstairs watching TV!!
All I can say is that it was an exciting morning, for Cody and myself (especially the call we had!) Let me ask you how many Cops does it take to taze a paraplegic in a wheel-chair? (My thought exactly)
Anyhow I just wanted to let you know how proud of Cody I am!!!!! Very responsible! Next time I will get more info on what my roll at work be if I get called in on such short notice(for training!!??).
Anyway, Take care & smile  ;0)    Life is Good!!
These pics are a few years old but I like them, figured this would be an appropriate posting to put them with!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I know there are ups and downs (as there are with any kiddo) but he IS such a good kid! I can't believe he'll be 8 this weekend!?!?! wow!

Anonymous said...

He is a good boy! But, wow--I think that was very brave! Being alone in a firestation--I'm not sure I would like that. What a guy! You and Mike have done well.
All 3 of you should be very proud of yourselves.

Nicci said...

look out mom- he's gonna want to stay at home alone soon too! Glad you both had an exciting day!

My Favorite Actors/Actresses

  • James Dean
  • Cary Grant
  • Myrna Loy
  • James Garner
  • Simon Baker
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Julia Roberts

My Favorite Movies

  • Mama Mia
  • Lord Of The Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • Pretty Woman
  • All Thin Man movies
  • All Cary Grant movies
  • All James Dean movies

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Best friends forever!!

Best friends forever!!

Cody & his guitar

Cody & his guitar

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Banner 2 Banner 1 go!