Always Have A Dream



Always have a dream
Forget about the days when its been cloudy,
but don't forget your hours in the sun.
Forget about the times you've been defeated,
but don't forget the victories you've won.
Forget about mistakes that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons that you've learnt.
Forget about misfortunes you encounter,
but don't forget the times you luck has turned.
Forget about the days when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly smiles you've seen.
Forget about the plans that didn't seem to work out right,
but don't forget to always have a dream.

- Amanda Bradley












Friday, April 24, 2009

Change

  Change. Some do better than others when it comes to change. Not that I don't like change, it's good to have change in our lives. I just wish I could freeze time when it comes to certain things, like getting older, and my son growing up too fast. It wont be long before he stops believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc... I like that innocence about him. All to soon it will be gone. Especially with the things that kids have to learn in school now, stuff that I never learned about until I got to Junior High! Where did it happen that kids were forced to grow up faster? I wish that kids could just be kids. They can't go out and play or ride their bikes without the parents being worried. I remember getting on my bike and just going all day, and Mom would tell me "just be back before it gets dark out."  I wish sometimes that I could take him back to the time when I was growing up so he could get a taste of what it was like to be a kid, to have fun, and not have to have the worries that little ones have now.
  I savor every moment with my son. I try not to think about 'tomorrow', and just live in the here and now. I hope after he grows up he don't have any regrets, he's able to be proud that he was our son, and that he thinks of us as having been good parents. No one ever comes with instructions, we do the best we can, and hopefully that will have been good enough.

 

1 comment:

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

I feel the same way.
In 2nd grade my mom would say that!
Now I just can't imagine doing that.

I feel like I hover over my kids and it's ruined there childhood. (In my eyes, because I know what they are missing)

My Favorite Actors/Actresses

  • James Dean
  • Cary Grant
  • Myrna Loy
  • James Garner
  • Simon Baker
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Julia Roberts

My Favorite Movies

  • Mama Mia
  • Lord Of The Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • Pretty Woman
  • All Thin Man movies
  • All Cary Grant movies
  • All James Dean movies

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Best friends forever!!

Best friends forever!!

Cody & his guitar

Cody & his guitar

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Banner 2 Banner 1 go!