Always Have A Dream



Always have a dream
Forget about the days when its been cloudy,
but don't forget your hours in the sun.
Forget about the times you've been defeated,
but don't forget the victories you've won.
Forget about mistakes that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons that you've learnt.
Forget about misfortunes you encounter,
but don't forget the times you luck has turned.
Forget about the days when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly smiles you've seen.
Forget about the plans that didn't seem to work out right,
but don't forget to always have a dream.

- Amanda Bradley












Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Way Back When-sday

Sorry again for not posting a lot in the last few weeks. I don't know why it's been so crazy. When I finally sit down to post something I can't think of anything to post. I tell myself I'll get to it tomorrow. Anyway, I wanted to thank my husband again for the gift card he gave me for our anniversary, which was back in December. It was for a place called Douglas J Day Spa Salon. This place is awesome! I felt like I was some sort of celebrity or something, this is how they make you feel. When I first got there they took me to a small dim lit room where I was to wait for my massage, in there was some glasses, lemon water & biscotti. I met my massage therapist, and then they brought in a large bowl of warm soapy water to soak my feet. Then I received a 90min massage. Then I was walked to a different area where I picked out two bottles of nail polish for my manicure/pedicure. Had my feet soaked again, sea-salt scrub, paraffin treatment, more message, and the same for my hands. All the while they never let me run out of lemon water, made sure I had a magazine to read. I've never felt so pampered my whole life! Let me tell you what, this was the cats meow!! What was also nice about this place is that there weren't a lot of bright lights, and it smelled awesome in there. I can tell you this, I will be going back, maybe not for a while, but I'll be going back!! If you do happen to visit the site, take the virtual tour, it's really cool. Thanks again to my wonderful hubby!! ( I love you more than anything!)
 Well, I tried to figure out some pic's for 'Way Back When-sday' and here's what I come up with. A few pic's of taking Cody to the beach along Lake Michigan back in 2004.


I love this picture! He was so busy playing in the sand, totally oblivious to anyone else there! I like times like that, when I can take his pic without him even knowing it!
Play along, stop by and visit Cheryl

6 comments:

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I love beach pictures! Looking forward to making some of our own this summer!

GibsonTwins said...

This will be the first summer my two get to go to a real sand beach- I will have to remember my camera- your pic is so precious :)

Unknown said...

oh! makes me wish even more for warmer weather!

I still have a spa gift card to use, too from last year's birthday for a place around here. I was lucky and got two, but only had time last summer to use one!

Deanna said...

The beach is my girls favorite summer spot. Our beaches in WI aren't soo nice...

this is a great photo Jules! Happy WBW!!!

Cheryl Lage said...

Good for your husband for treating you to what surely was a well-deserved spa day...it sounds FANTASTIC!

LOVE the picture of Cody, too...pictures from the back do have such a lovely spirit to them.

Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday, Jules!

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Mine did the same thing for my mom & I on Mother's day one year. A WHOLE day at the spa. It was amazing!!
Man, I wish we still had $$!!

My Favorite Actors/Actresses

  • James Dean
  • Cary Grant
  • Myrna Loy
  • James Garner
  • Simon Baker
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Julia Roberts

My Favorite Movies

  • Mama Mia
  • Lord Of The Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • Pretty Woman
  • All Thin Man movies
  • All Cary Grant movies
  • All James Dean movies

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Best friends forever!!

Best friends forever!!

Cody & his guitar

Cody & his guitar

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Banner 2 Banner 1 go!